Ricin: Prevention Overview for Clinicians
- Avoid ricin exposure because no antidote or readily or commercially available prophylaxis exists.
- Emergency responders and healthcare providers should avoid unprotected exposure.
- If exposure cannot be avoided, the most important factor is to get ricin off or out of the body as quickly as possible.
For additional information:
- Page last reviewed: April 4, 2018
- Page last updated: November 18, 2015
- Content source: National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases (NCEZID)
- Maintained By: