= Free Continuing Education
Date: September 12, 2018
Time: 2:00pm-3:00pm (Eastern Time)
CDC’s CERC webinar, Spokesperson, explains the critical role of an organization’s spokesperson in an emergency and provides tips for spokespersons and those helping them to prepare for an emergency response.
At the conclusion of the session, the participant will be able to accomplish the following:
- Determine the qualities of an effective spokesperson in an emergency
- Understand the role of a spokesperson
- Adopt best practices for a spokesperson
Call Slides: View NowCdc-pdf
Lisa Briseño, M.S.
Health Communication Specialist
Division of Emergency Operations
Office of Public Health Preparedness and Response
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Webinar/Audio conference call on 9/12/2018 from 2:00–3:00 PM ET
- Web-on-demand training available in October 2018
- Materials: PowerPoint slide set
“WC4027” for attendees who participate in the live call (must be completed by October 15, 2018)
“WD4027” for attendees who participate in the online presentation (must be completed by October 16, 2020)
Instructions for Obtaining Continuing Education (CE)
- Public health professionals
- Emergency responders
- Program managers
- Certified health educators
- Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support/Funding: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Emergency Risk Communications Branch
- Method of Participation: You may participate in the educational activity by viewing the program information above.
- Fees: CERC continuing education is free.
CEU: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is authorized by IACET to offer 0.1 CEU’s for this program.
CECH: Sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. This program is designated for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES®) and/or Master Certified Health Education Specialists (MCHES®) to receive up to 1 total Category I continuing education contact hours. Maximum advanced level continuing education contact hours available are 0. CDC provider number 98614.
For Certified Public Health Professionals (CPH)
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is a pre-approved provider of Certified in Public Health (CPH) recertification credits and is authorized to offer 1 CPH recertification credits for this program.
DISCLOSURE: In compliance with continuing education requirements, all presenters must disclose any financial or other associations with the manufacturers of commercial products, suppliers of commercial services, or commercial supporters as well as any use of unlabeled product(s) or product(s) under investigational use.
CDC, our planners, presenters, and their spouses/partners wish to disclose they have no financial interests or other relationships with the manufacturers of commercial products, suppliers of commercial services, or commercial supporters. Planners have reviewed content to ensure there is no bias.
Content will not include any discussion of the unlabeled use of a product or a product under investigational use.
CDC did not accept commercial support for this continuing education activity.