Clinician Outreach and Communication Activity (COCA)
COCA prepares clinicians to respond to emerging health threats and public health emergencies by communicating relevant, timely information related to disease outbreaks, disasters, terrorism events, and other health alerts.
Learn more about COCA
Latest News from COCA
- Upcoming COCA Call: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 – Assessment and Evidence-based Treatments for Opioid Use Disorder - View Slides
- Upcoming COCA Call: Thursday, December 1, 2016 – Updated CDC Zika Laboratory Testing Guidance - View Slides
- Upcoming COCA Call: Tuesday, December 6, 2016 – Risk Mitigation Strategies to Reduce Opioid Overdoses
- Upcoming COCA Call: Thursday, December 8, 2016 - Gearing up for the Travel Season: How Clinicians can Ensure Their Patients are Packed with Knowledge on Zika Prevention
Learn about emergency preparedness and response activities and current public health threats.
Earn free CME, CNE, CPH, ACPE, CEU, CECH, and AAVSB/RACE continuing education.
New and updated guidance on natural disasters, infectious diseases, and other public health hazards
Find information on upcoming training and conference opportunities from federal agencies or COCA Partners.
Find emergency preparedness and response training resources created specifically for clinicians.
Get emails about upcoming COCA Calls, training resources, and other public health updates.
COCA Partner Spotlight
The National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) currently serves 5,000 members to advance the environmental health and protection professional for the purpose of providing a healthful environment for all. Established in 1937, NEHA serves as a voice for environmental health professionals on many policy, regulatory, and legislative issues confronting the profession by maintaining high standards of practice and excellence. Learn more about NEHA
COCA Partner Organizations
COCA partners with national medical and public health organizations to ensure that clinicians have timely, credible, and accurate information needed to provide care.
List of COCA Partners
- Page last reviewed: October 4, 2016
- Page last updated: December 2, 2016
- Content source:
- CDC Healthcare Preparedness Activity (HPA); Division of Strategic National Stockpile (DSNS); Office of Public Health Preparedness and Response (OPHPR)
- Maintained By: