Clinician Outreach and Communication Activity (COCA)
COCA prepares clinicians to respond to emerging health threats and public health emergencies by communicating relevant, timely information related to disease outbreaks, disasters, terrorism events, and other health alerts.
Learn more about COCA
- COCA Call: December 08, 2020: The Impact of Telehealth on Health Equity from the Perspective of Large Healthcare Systems during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- COCA Now: November 16, 2020: Scientific Brief: Community Use of Cloth Masks to Control Spread of SARS-CoV-2
- COCA Now: November 2, 2020: Two MMWR Updates: Pregnant Women and COVID-19
- COCA Now: October 26, 2020: COVID-19–Associated Hospitalizations among Health Care Personnel
- COCA Call: October 22, 2020 – Leveraging Existing Resources to Meet the Challenges Faced by People Who Use Drugs or Who Have Substance Use Disorders During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- COCA Call: October 08, 2020 – Recommendations for Influenza Prevention and Treatment in Children: An Update for Pediatric Providers
- COCA Call: September 17, 2020 – Testing and Treatment of 2020-2021 Seasonal Influenza During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- COCA Call: September 15, 2020 – Telehealth & Health Equity: Considerations for Addressing Health Disparities during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- COCA Call: August 20, 2020 – 2020-2021 Influenza Vaccination Recommendations and Clinical Guidance during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- COCA Now: August 10, 2020 – COVID-19 Laboratory Reporting Requirements
- COCA Call: August 4, 2020 – COVID-19 & Telehealth Implementation: Stories from the Field
- COCA Call: July 28, 2020 – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and Diabetes: The Importance of Prevention, Management, and Support
- COCA Call: July 16, 2020 – Clinical Management of Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C) Associated with Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- COCA Call: June 16, 2020 – Applying COVID-19 Infection Prevention and Control Strategies in Nursing Homes
- COCA Call: June 3, 2020 – Guidance for Dental Settings During the COVID-19 Response
- COCA Call: May 19, 2020 – Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C) Associated with Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- COCA Now: May 7, 2020 – New YouTube Video with Guidance for Certifying Deaths Due to COVID-19
- COCA Call: April 17, 2020 – COVID-19 in the United States: Insights from Healthcare Systems
- COCA Call: April 16, 2020 – Guidance for Certifying Deaths Due to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- COCA Call: April 2, 2020 – Clinical Management of Critically Ill Adults with COVID-19
- COCA Call: March 27, 2020 – Underlying Medical Conditions and People at Higher Risk for the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- COCA Call: March 25, 2020 – COVID-19 Update: Optimization Strategies for Healthcare Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- COCA Call: March 17, 2020 – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Update and Information for Long-term Care Facilities
- COCA Call: March 13 2020 – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Update and Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations
- COCA Call: March 12 2020 – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Update—Information for Clinicians Caring for Children and Pregnant Women
Learn about emergency preparedness and response activities and current public health threats.
Earn free CME, CNE, CPH, ACPE, CEU, CECH, and AAVSB/RACE continuing education.
Get new & updated guidance on natural disasters, infectious diseases, and other public health hazards.
Find information on upcoming training and conference opportunities from federal agencies or COCA Partners.
Find emergency preparedness and response training resources created specifically for clinicians.
Get emails about upcoming COCA Calls, training resources, and other public health updates.
COCA partners with national medical and public health organizations to ensure that clinicians have timely, credible, and accurate information needed to provide care.
List of COCA Partners
CDC’s Epidemic Information Exchange (Epi-X) is a secure, web-based network that serves as a powerful information exchange. It connects public health professionals involved in identifying, investigating, and responding to public health threats.