Clinician Outreach and Communication Activity (COCA)
COCA prepares clinicians to respond to emerging health threats and public health emergencies by communicating relevant, timely information related to disease outbreaks, disasters, terrorism events, and other health alerts.
Learn more about COCA
- COCA Call: June 16, 2020 – Applying COVID-19 Infection Prevention and Control Strategies in Nursing Homes
- COCA Call: June 3, 2020 – Guidance for Dental Settings During the COVID-19 Response
- COCA Call: May 19, 2020 – Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C) Associated with Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- COCA Now: May 7, 2020 – New YouTube Video with Guidance for Certifying Deaths Due to COVID-19
- COCA Call: April 17, 2020 – COVID-19 in the United States: Insights from Healthcare Systems
- COCA Call: April 16, 2020 – Guidance for Certifying Deaths Due to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- COCA Call: April 2, 2020 – Clinical Management of Critically Ill Adults with COVID-19
- COCA Call: March 27, 2020 – Underlying Medical Conditions and People at Higher Risk for the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- COCA Call: March 25, 2020 – COVID-19 Update: Optimization Strategies for Healthcare Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- COCA Call: March 17, 2020 – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Update and Information for Long-term Care Facilities
- COCA Call: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Update and Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations, March 13 2020
- COCA Call: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Update—Information for Clinicians Caring for Children and Pregnant Women, March 12 2020
- COCA Call: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Update—What Clinicians Need to Know to Prepare for COVID-19 in the United States, March 5 2020
- COCA Now: MMWR Updates: Initial Public Health Response and Interim Clinical Guidance for the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Outbreak; and Persons Evaluated for 2019 Novel Coronavirus — United States, January 2020
- COCA Now: Shipping of CDC 2019 Novel Coronavirus Diagnostic Test Kits Begins
- COCA Call: January 31, 2020 – Outbreak of 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)—Interim Guidance for Clinicians
- COCA Call: January 30, 2020 – HHS Guide for Clinicians on the Appropriate Dosage Reduction or Discontinuation of Long-Term Opioid Analgesics
- COCA Learn: January 28, 2020
- COCA Call: January 28, 2020 – 2019-2020 Influenza Season Update and Recommendations for Clinicians
Learn about emergency preparedness and response activities and current public health threats.
Earn free CME, CNE, CPH, ACPE, CEU, CECH, and AAVSB/RACE continuing education.
Get new & updated guidance on natural disasters, infectious diseases, and other public health hazards.
Find information on upcoming training and conference opportunities from federal agencies or COCA Partners.
Find emergency preparedness and response training resources created specifically for clinicians.
Get emails about upcoming COCA Calls, training resources, and other public health updates.
COCA partners with national medical and public health organizations to ensure that clinicians have timely, credible, and accurate information needed to provide care.
List of COCA Partners
CDC’s Epidemic Information Exchange (Epi-X) is a secure, web-based network that serves as a powerful information exchange. It connects public health professionals involved in identifying, investigating, and responding to public health threats.