Clinician Outreach and Communication Activity (COCA)
COCA prepares clinicians to respond to emerging health threats and public health emergencies by communicating relevant, timely information related to disease outbreaks, disasters, terrorism events, and other health alerts.
Learn more about COCA
Latest News from COCA
- COCA Now: April 16 – Multistate Outbreak of E. coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Chopped Romaine Lettuce
- COCA Call: April 12 – A Leopard without Spots: Clinical Diagnosis and Treatment of Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever – View Call Slides
- COCA Now: April 10 – Final Update: Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Typhimurium Linked to Chicken Salad
- COCA Learn: April 6
- COCA Now: April 6 – U.S. Surgeon General Issues Public Health Advisory on Naloxone and Opioid Overdoses
- Clinical Action: April 5 – Outbreak Alert: Potential Life-Threatening Vitamin K-Dependent Antagonist Coagulopathy Associated With Synthetic Cannabinoids Use
- COCA Now: April 4 – Containing Unusual Resistance – Early, aggressive action can prevent spread
- COCA Digest: April 2
Learn about emergency preparedness and response activities and current public health threats.
Earn free CME, CNE, CPH, ACPE, CEU, CECH, and AAVSB/RACE continuing education.
Get new & updated guidance on natural disasters, infectious diseases, and other public health hazards.
Find information on upcoming training and conference opportunities from federal agencies or COCA Partners.
Find emergency preparedness and response training resources created specifically for clinicians.
Get emails about upcoming COCA Calls, training resources, and other public health updates.
COCA Partner Organizations
COCA partners with national medical and public health organizations to ensure that clinicians have timely, credible, and accurate information needed to provide care.
List of COCA Partners
Epidemic Information Exchange (Epi-X)
CDC’s Epidemic Information Exchange (Epi-X) is a secure, web-based network that serves as a powerful information exchange. It connects public health professionals involved in identifying, investigating, and responding to public health threats.
- Page last reviewed: July 21, 2017
- Page last updated: April 16, 2018
- Content source:
- Maintained By: