What COCA Does
Clinician Outreach and Communication Activity (COCA) provides timely, accurate, and credible information to clinicians related to emergency preparedness and response and emerging public health threats. COCA fosters partnerships with national clinician organizations to strengthen information-sharing networks before, during, and after a public health emergency.
COCA helps to strengthen the emergency response capacity of clinicians by:
- Disseminating evidence-based health information and public health emergency messages to clinicians
- Collaborating with clinicians to develop communication strategies that support health risk reduction opportunities during public emergencies
- Providing and promoting emergency preparedness and response training opportunities for clinicians
Who COCA Serves
COCA serves a wide range of clinical professionals, including: physicians, nurses, physician’s assistants, pharmacists, paramedics, veterinarians, epidemiologists, public health practitioners, and state and local health department officials. In addition, COCA collaborates with national clinician organizations, which in turns allows for extended outreach to a large number of clinicians.
COCA Products and Services
COCA supports the varied information needs of clinicians by providing a variety of products and services:
- Conference calls/webinars with CDC guidance and recommendations on emerging health threats
- Updates and Clinical Reminders to rapidly disseminate important information to the healthcare community
- Training and conference announcements for opportunities relevant to clinicians
- Clinical support via direct email for questions and feedback
- Continuing education opportunities
COCA invites all clinicians to Sign-Up for COCA Email Updates and Reminders.
- Page last reviewed: March 14, 2014
- Page last updated: February 13, 2017
- Content source:
- CDC Healthcare Preparedness Activity (HPA); Division of Strategic National Stockpile (DSNS); Office of Public Health Preparedness and Response (OPHPR)
- Maintained By: