2019 National Preparedness Month
National Preparedness Month (NPM) is recognized each September to promote family and community disaster and emergency planning now and throughout the year. CDC’s Center for Preparedness and Response and our FEMA partners from the Ready Campaign hosted a webinar on National Preparedness Month. The webinar featured presentations from CDC about its Prepare Your Health web resources and new digital media toolkit, and from the Ready Campaign about their NPM campaign, “Prepared, Not Scared,” and new Ready Kids materials. CDC encourages leaders who are responsible for the safety of others to view the webinar. This includes community leaders, public health workers, emergency responders, school administrators, managers of assisted living facilities, and workplace safety officers. It’s better to be prepared and not need it than to face disaster unprepared. CDC hosted this webinar on September 25 at 1 p.m. Eastern Time.
Webinar participants and viewers will accomplish the following:
- Describe CDC’s role in the topic covered during the presentation.
- Describe the topic’s implications for respective constituents.
- Discuss concerns and issues related to preparedness for and response to urgent public health threats.
- Identify reliable information resources for the topic.
- Describe how to promote health improvement, wellness, and disease prevention.
Call Slides: View Nowpdf icon
Transcript: Read Now
Health Communication Specialist
CDC’s Center for Preparedness and Response
- Webinar/Audio conference call on 9/25/2019: 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Web-on-demand training will be available in October
- Materials: PowerPoint slide set (see Call Materials)
None at this time
- Public health professionals
- Emergency responders
- Program managers
- Certified health educators
- Contact Information: email@example.com
- Support/Funding: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Emergency Risk Communication Branch
- Method of Participation: You may participate in the educational activity by viewing the program information above.
- Fees: None. EPIC webinars are free.
As of October 2021, this course is no longer offering CE credits but is still available for viewing.