2019 Hurricane Season
Date: Wednesday, July 17, 2019
Time: 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. (Eastern Time)
CDC’s National Center for Environmental Health joined the CDC EPIC Team on July 17 from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. Eastern Time. CDC experts discussed the health risks that hurricanes bring; planning for the 2019 hurricane season; and how community leaders, nonprofit organizations, and public health professionals can effectively communicate hurricane messages. Participants can earn CEU, CHES, and CPH continuing education units.
Webinar participants and viewers will accomplish the following:
- Describe CDC’s role in the topic covered during the presentation.
- Describe the topic’s implications for respective constituents.
- Discuss concerns and issues related to preparedness for and response to urgent public health threats.
- Identify reliable information resources for the topic.
- Describe how to promote health improvement, wellness, and disease prevention.
Call Slides: View Nowpdf icon
Transcript: Read Now
Hurricanes and Other Tropical Storms: https://www.cdc.gov/disasters/hurricanes/
Vivi Siegel, M.P.H.
Bill Rich, PHA, CEM, EMT-P
- Webinar/Audio conference call on 7/17/2019: 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. (Eastern Time)
- Web-on-demand training will be available in August
- Materials: PowerPoint slide set (see Call Materials)
None at this time
- Public health professionals
- Emergency responders
- Program managers
- Certified health educators
- Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support/Funding: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Emergency Risk Communication Branch
- Method of Participation: You may participate in the educational activity by viewing the program information above.
- Fees: None. EPIC webinars are free.
“WC4028” for attendees who participate in the live call (must be completed by August 19, 2019)
“WD4028” for attendees who participate in the online presentation (must be completed by August 20, 2021)
Instructions for Obtaining Continuing Education (CE)
In order to receive continuing education (CE) for WCWD4028- Emergency Partners Information Connection (EPIC) Conference Calls, please visit TCEO and follow these 9 Simple Steps.
CEU: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is authorized by IACET to offer 0.1 CEU’s for this program.
CECH: Sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. This program is designated for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES®) and/or Master Certified Health Education Specialists (MCHES®) to receive up to 1 total Category I continuing education contact hours. Maximum advanced level continuing education contact hours available are 0. CDC provider number 98614.
For Certified Public Health Professionals (CPH)
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is a pre-approved provider of Certified in Public Health (CPH) recertification credits and is authorized to offer 1 CPH recertification credits for this program.
DISCLOSURE: In compliance with continuing education requirements, all presenters must disclose any financial or other associations with the manufacturers of commercial products, suppliers of commercial services, or commercial supporters as well as any use of unlabeled product(s) or product(s) under investigational use.
CDC, our planners, presenters, and their spouses/partners wish to disclose they have no financial interests or other relationships with the manufacturers of commercial products, suppliers of commercial services, or commercial supporters. Planners have reviewed content to ensure there is no bias.
Content will not include any discussion of the unlabeled use of a product or a product under investigational use.
CDC did not accept commercial support for this continuing education activity.