COCA Email Updates: December 15 – December 22, 2014
Available for download: December 22, 2014, COCA Email Update
COCA News and Announcements
Recent COCA Calls/Webinars:
Date:Monday, December 15, 2014
Date:Thursday, December 18, 2014
Free continuing education credits (CME, CNE, ACPE, CEU, CECH, and AAVSB/RACE) are available for most calls. More information about free CE.
CDC Emergency Response – CDC Response to 2014 Ebola in the United States and West Africa
CDC News and Announcements
Each week select science clips are shared with the public health community to enhance awareness of emerging scientific knowledge. The focus is applied public health research and prevention science that has the capacity to improve health now.
Public Health Preparedness
Find preparedness resources for all hazards.
Find online and in-person training resources.
Natural Disasters and Severe Weather
Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR)
MMWR publications are prepared by CDC. Electronically Subscribe.
November 21, 2014 / Vol. 63 / No. 50 Download .pdf document of this issue
- Outbreak of Cryptosporidiosis Among Responders to a Rollover of a Truck Carrying Calves — Kansas, April 2013
- Update: Influenza Activity — United States, September 28–December 6, 2014
- Update: Ebola Virus Disease Epidemic — West Africa, December 2014
- Challenges in Responding to the Ebola Epidemic — Four Rural Counties, Liberia, August–November 2014
- Support Services for Survivors of Ebola Virus Disease — Sierra Leone, 2014
- Reintegration of Ebola Survivors into Their Communities — Firestone District, Liberia, 2014
- Notes from the Field: Fatal Rat-Bite Fever in a Child — San Diego County, California, 2013
- Notes from the Field: Measles Transmission at a Domestic Terminal Gate in an International Airport — United States, January 2014
Infectious, Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Diseases
Weekly Flu View – December 6 (CDC)
Flu View is a weekly influenza surveillance report prepared by CDC Influenza Division. All data are preliminary and may change as CDC receives more reports.
Health care providers play an important role during flu season. The following guidance and information will assist health care providers and service organizations to plan and respond to seasonal flu.
Current Travel Warnings - December 11 (US Department of State)
The U.S. Department of State issues Travel Warnings when long-term, protracted conditions make a country dangerous or unstable. Travel Warnings recommend that Americans avoid or carefully consider the risk of travel to that country. The State Department also issues Travel Warnings when the U.S. Government's ability to assist American citizens is constrained due to the closure of an embassy or consulate, or because of a drawdown of State Department staff.
Food, Drug and Device Safety
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration along with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state and local officials are investigating a multi-state outbreak of Salmonella Enteritidis infections. We are moving quickly to learn as much as possible and prevent additional people from becoming ill. We recognize that people will be concerned about this outbreak, and we will continue to provide updates and advice.
MedWatch is your Food and Drug Administration (FDA) gateway for clinically important safety information and reporting serious problems with human medical products.
FoodSafety.gov Reports FDA and USDA Food Recalls, Alerts, Reporting & Resources – (HHS/USDA/FDA/CDC/NIH)
Foodsafety.gov lists notices of recalls and alerts from both FDA and USDA. Visitors to the site can report a problem or make inquiries.
The CDC and HHS logos are the exclusive property of the Department of Health and Human Services and may not be used for any purpose without prior express written permission. Use of trade names and commercial sources is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by the US Department of Health and Human Services.
Links to non-Federal organizations are provided solely as a service to our users. Links do not constitute an endorsement of any organization by CDC or the Federal Government, and none should be inferred. The CDC is not responsible for the content of the individual organizations.
- Page last reviewed: January 4, 2015
- Page last updated: January 4, 2015
- Content source:
- CDC Healthcare Preparedness Activity (HPA); Division of Strategic National Stockpile (DSNS); Office of Public Health Preparedness and Response (OPHPR)
- Maintained By: