Clinician Outreach and Communication Activity (COCA)
COCA prepares clinicians to respond to emerging health threats and public health emergencies by communicating relevant, timely information related to disease outbreaks, disasters, terrorism events, and other health alerts.
Learn more about COCA
- COCA Learn: September 25, 2019
- COCA Call: September 26,2019 - 2019–2020 Recommendations for Influenza Prevention and Treatment in Children: An Update for Pediatric Providers
- COCA Call: September 19, 2019 - Outbreak of Lung Injury Associated with E-cigarette Product Use or Vaping: Information for Clinicians
- COCA Call: September 17, 2019 - HHS and CDC Recommendations to Expand the Use of Naloxone—A Life-saving, yet Underutilized Drug for Reversing Opioid Overdose
- COCA Digest: September 11, 2019 - Emergency Preparedness and Response
- COCA Now: August 23, 2019 - Outbreak of Salmonella Newport Infections with Decreased Susceptibility to Azithromycin Linked to Beef Obtained in theUnited States and Soft Cheese Obtained in Mexico
- COCA Learn: August 21, 2019
- COCA Clinical Action: August 16, 2019 - CDC Urges Clinicians to Report Possible Cases of Unexplained Vaping-associated Pulmonary Illness to their State/Local Health Department
Learn about emergency preparedness and response activities and current public health threats.
Earn free CME, CNE, CPH, ACPE, CEU, CECH, and AAVSB/RACE continuing education.
Get new & updated guidance on natural disasters, infectious diseases, and other public health hazards.
Find information on upcoming training and conference opportunities from federal agencies or COCA Partners.
Find emergency preparedness and response training resources created specifically for clinicians.
Get emails about upcoming COCA Calls, training resources, and other public health updates.
COCA partners with national medical and public health organizations to ensure that clinicians have timely, credible, and accurate information needed to provide care.
List of COCA Partners
CDC’s Epidemic Information Exchange (Epi-X) is a secure, web-based network that serves as a powerful information exchange. It connects public health professionals involved in identifying, investigating, and responding to public health threats.