Clinician Outreach and Communication Activity (COCA)
COCA prepares clinicians to respond to emerging health threats and public health emergencies by communicating relevant, timely information related to disease outbreaks, disasters, terrorism events, and other health alerts.
Learn more about COCA
Latest News from COCA
- COCA Call: September 21, 2017 – The Ecology of Emerging Zoonotic Diseases
- COCA Now: September 12
- COCA Call: August 15, 2017 – Tackling an Invasive, Emerging Multi-drug Resistant Yeast: Candida auris, What Health Care Providers Need to Know – View Slides
- COCA Call: July 27, 2017 – Zika Virus: Updates to Clinical Guidance and Recommendations for Pregnant Women and Infants – View Call Slides
- COCA Digest: July 3
- COCA Digest: June 5
Learn about emergency preparedness and response activities and current public health threats.
Earn free CME, CNE, CPH, ACPE, CEU, CECH, and AAVSB/RACE continuing education.
Get new & updated guidance on natural disasters, infectious diseases, and other public health hazards.
Find information on upcoming training and conference opportunities from federal agencies or COCA Partners.
Find emergency preparedness and response training resources created specifically for clinicians.
Get emails about upcoming COCA Calls, training resources, and other public health updates.
COCA Partner Organizations
COCA partners with national medical and public health organizations to ensure that clinicians have timely, credible, and accurate information needed to provide care.
List of COCA Partners
Epidemic Information Exchange (Epi-X)
CDC’s Epidemic Information Exchange (Epi-X) is a secure, web-based network that serves as a powerful information exchange. It connects public health professionals involved in identifying, investigating, and responding to public health threats.
- Page last reviewed: July 21, 2017
- Page last updated: September 18, 2017
- Content source:
- Maintained By: