Clinician Outreach and Communication Activity (COCA)
COCA prepares clinicians to respond to emerging health threats and public health emergencies by communicating relevant, timely information related to disease outbreaks, disasters, terrorism events, and other health alerts.
Learn more about COCA
- COCA Call: November 4, 2021: Pediatric COVID-19 Vaccines: CDC’s Recommendations for COVID-19 Primary Series in Children 5–11 years old
- COCA Call: October 26, 2021: What Clinicians Need to Know about the Recent Updates to CDC’s Recommendations for COVID-19 Boosters
- COCA Call: October 7, 2021: 2021–2022 Recommendations for Influenza Prevention and Treatment in Children: An Update for Pediatric Practitioners
- COCA Call: September 30, 2021: Evaluating and Supporting Patients Presenting With Fatigue Following COVID-19
- COCA Call: September 28, 2021: What Clinicians Need to Know About the Latest CDC Recommendations for Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Booster Vaccination
- COCA Now: September 15, 2021: COCA NOW Clarification COCA Memo: Monoclonal Antibodies Bamlanivimab and Etesevimab May Be Less Effective for Treating Cases of COVID-19 Caused by SARS-CoV-2 Variants
- COCA Call: September 9, 2021: 2021-2022 Influenza Vaccination Recommendations and Guidance on Coadministration with COVID-19 Vaccines
- COCA Call: August 17, 2021: Additional mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines for Moderately to Severely Immunocompromised People
- COCA Call: August 12, 2021: Therapeutic Options to Prevent Severe COVID-19 in Immunocompromised People
- COCA Now: July 15, 2021: A Snapshot of Work by the COVID-19 Public Health Response
- COCA Now: June 25, 2021: CDC Introduces COVID-19 Viral Testing Online Tool
- COCA Call: June 17, 2021: Evaluating and Caring for Patients with Post-COVID Conditions
- COCA Call: May 27, 2021: Underlying Medical Conditions and Severe COVID-19: Evidence-based Information for Healthcare Providers
- COCA Call: May 20, 2021: Lyme Disease Updates and New Educational Tools for Clinicians
- COCA Call: May 14, 2021: What Clinicians Need to Know About Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccination of Adolescents
- COCA Call: April 27, 2021: Johnson & Johnson/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine and Thrombosis with Thrombocytopenia Syndrome (TTS): Update for Clinicians
- COCA Call: April 15, 2021: Johnson & Johnson/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine and Cerebral Venous Sinus Thrombosis with Thrombocytopenia – Update for Clinicians on Early Detection and Treatment
- COCA Now: March 24, 2021: Opportunities to Improve Antibiotic Prescribing in Hospitals
- COCA Call: March 11, 2021: The Role of Telehealth in Expanding Access to Healthcare During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Considerations for Vaccine Uptake and Monitoring for Adverse Events
- COCA Call: March 9, 2021: What Every Clinician Should Know about COVID-19 Vaccine Safety and Effectiveness and How to Address Patient Questions and Concerns
- COCA Now: March 08, 2021: CDC Infection Prevention and Control Guidance for Identifying and Managing Patients with Possible and Confirmed Ebola Virus Disease
- COCA Call: March 2, 2021: What Clinicians Need to Know About Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine
- COCA Now: February 17, 2021: MMWR and JAMA Updates: SARS-CoV-2 Variants
- COCA Now: February 12, 2021: New Botulism Treatment Resources for Healthcare Professionals
- COCA Call: January 28, 2021: Treating Long COVID: Clinician Experience with Post-Acute COVID-19 Care
- COCA Now: January 07, 2021: Laboratory Alert: FDA Issues Safety Communication About Risk of False Results with the Curative SARS-CoV-2 Test for COVID-19
- COCA Now: January 05, 2021: Strategies for Optimizing PPE Supplies during Shortages
Learn about emergency preparedness and response activities and current public health threats.
Earn free CME, CNE, CPH, ACPE, CEU, CECH, and AAVSB/RACE continuing education.
Get new & updated guidance on natural disasters, infectious diseases, and other public health hazards.
Find information on upcoming training and conference opportunities from federal agencies or COCA Partners.
Find emergency preparedness and response training resources created specifically for clinicians.
Get emails about upcoming COCA Calls, training resources, and other public health updates.
COCA partners with national medical and public health organizations to ensure that clinicians have timely, credible, and accurate information needed to provide care.
List of COCA Partners
CDC’s Epidemic Information Exchange (Epi-X) is a secure, web-based network that serves as a powerful information exchange. It connects public health professionals involved in identifying, investigating, and responding to public health threats.