Clinician Outreach and Communication Activity (COCA)
COCA prepares clinicians to respond to emerging health threats and public health emergencies by communicating relevant, timely information related to disease outbreaks, disasters, terrorism events, and other health alerts.
Learn more about COCA
Latest News from COCA
- Upcoming COCA Call – Tuesday, April 3: Chagas Disease in Our Own Backyards
- COCA Now: March 14 – Empowering Nurses to Protect Themselves and Their Patients: Disaster Preparedness Through the Seasons
- March 13: Joint Webinar: Vital Signs Town Hall Teleconference and COCA Call – Coordinating Clinical and Public Health Responses to Opioid Overdoses Treated in Emergency Departments – View Call Slides
- COCA Now: March 7 – Emergency Department Data Show Rapid Increases in Opioid Overdoses
- COCA Now: March 6 – How can health departments respond to the 30% increase in Emergency Department visits for suspected opioid overdoses?
- COCA Digest: March 5
- COCA Learn: March 2
Learn about emergency preparedness and response activities and current public health threats.
Earn free CME, CNE, CPH, ACPE, CEU, CECH, and AAVSB/RACE continuing education.
Get new & updated guidance on natural disasters, infectious diseases, and other public health hazards.
Find information on upcoming training and conference opportunities from federal agencies or COCA Partners.
Find emergency preparedness and response training resources created specifically for clinicians.
Get emails about upcoming COCA Calls, training resources, and other public health updates.
COCA Partner Organizations
COCA partners with national medical and public health organizations to ensure that clinicians have timely, credible, and accurate information needed to provide care.
List of COCA Partners
Epidemic Information Exchange (Epi-X)
CDC’s Epidemic Information Exchange (Epi-X) is a secure, web-based network that serves as a powerful information exchange. It connects public health professionals involved in identifying, investigating, and responding to public health threats.
- Page last reviewed: July 21, 2017
- Page last updated: March 19, 2018
- Content source:
- Maintained By: