CDC Presentations from First National Congress on Public Health Readiness
Below are selected presentations from CDC speakers at the 1st National Congress on Public Health Readiness held July 20-22, 2004. Additional presentations will be posted on the AMA site within the coming weeks.
The goals of this conference were to:
- Strengthen linkages between health care and public health leaders to enhance preparedness.
- Share experiences that demonstrate successful community readiness for terrorism, successful response to naturally-occurring health threats, and successful interventions addressing critical healthcare and public health challenges.
- Develop and strengthen working relationships within the public health system including national, state, and local public health agencies; public health, medical and healthcare organizations and associations; and the academic community.
- Review new scientific advancements, identify controversies, and recommend action steps to face the threats and challenges of the 21st century.
|Dr. Julie Gerberding
Opening Plenary: A Call to Action - National Perspective
|17 MB||84 KB|
|Dr. John C. Nelson
Opening Plenary: Medicine and Public Health: Recovering our Shared History -- and Jumpstarting our Future
Closing Plenary: Where We Are, Where We Are Going
- Page last updated July 30, 2004
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address: