Radiation Emergency Training and Education
- Guidelines for Handling Decedents Contaminated With Radioactive Material
Includes guidelines for how medical examiners, coroners, and funeral home personnel should handle decedents who have been contaminated with radioactive material. This site includes transcripts of the video.
- Internal Contamination Clinical Reference (ICCR) Application NEW!
An application (for Android devices, iPads, and iPhones) estimating reference concentrations of radionuclides in urine assuming intakes equal to one Clinical Decision Guide (CDG) for each radionuclide.
- Psychological First Aid in Radiation Disasters
An online training focused on defining the unique psychological effects of radiation disasters and how psychological first aid can be used.
- Public Health Planning for Radiological and Nuclear Terrorism
Aug 26, 2008
A 1.5-hour CE-approved lecture and video educational program for public health officials on public health planning for mass casualty incidents. Local government roles and responsibilities, population monitoring, pharmaceutical countermeasures provided through the strategic national stockpile, and the role of communications are discussed. In addition to web viewing, a DVD and CD-ROM with Supplementary Resources may be ordered by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Radiation Basics Made Simple NEW!
A training module that introduces participants to the fundamentals of radiation and radioactivity. This training features an enhanced lecture-style video and interactive knowledge checks to deliver and reinforce key concepts.
- Radiological Terrorism: Just in Time Training for Hospital Clinicians
Sep 9, 2005
Brief video covering key radiation principles & radiological procedures
- Radiological Terrorism: Medical Response to Mass Casualties
Apr 17, 2006
A self-study training program for clinicians on immediate medical response to mass casualties following a radiological or nuclear terrorism incident. Web-based.
- Screening People for External Contamination
An 18 minute skills training video that demonstrates how to screen people for external contamination using a hand held Geiger Mueller Detector.
- Virtual Community Reception Center (vCRC)
A training tool allowing users to better understand how community reception centers work and the essential services they provide during a radiation emergency.
- Page last reviewed: March 12, 2014
- Page last updated: November 24, 2014
- Content source:
- Maintained By: