Decontamination - Helping Others
If you have infants, small children, or others who may need help washing, wash yourself first.
- Wear waterproof gloves and a dust mask (or other material to cover your mouth) if you can..
- Keep cuts and scrapes (both yours and those you are helping) covered when washing to keep radioactive material out of the wound.
- Wash your hands and face after providing help.
- Page last updated August 23, 2013
- Page last reviewed August 22, 2013
- Content source: Radiation Studies Branch (RSB), Division of Environmental Hazards and Health Effects (EHHE), National Center for Environmental Health (NCEH), Coordinating Center for Environmental Health and Injury Prevention (CCEHIP)
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address: