CDC Responds to Earthquake, Tsunami, and Radiation Release in Japan
The CDC is monitoring the situation in Japan.
At this time:
- There is no travel advisory for Japan because of radiation hazards.
- There is no radiation hazard in the United States from Japan.
- There is no radiation hazard for food, including seafood.
Visit the U.S. Embassy in Japan for more information or concerns about your upcoming trip.
Visit the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for more information on environmental radiation monitoring programs.
Visit the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for more information on food-supply radiation monitoring programs.
Links to State Radiation Monitoring Programs:
- Page last updated February 20, 2014
- Content source: Radiation Studies Branch (RSB), Division of Environmental Hazards and Health Effects (EHHE), National Center for Environmental Health (NCEH), Coordinating Center for Environmental Health and Injury Prevention (CCEHIP)
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address: