Winter Weather Related Links and Resources
CDC Web Sites
- National Center for Environmental Health's Health Studies Branch
HSB is responsible for investigating human health effects associated with exposure to environmental hazards.
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
Outdoor action guide to hypothermia and cold-weather injuries
External Web Sites
- National Ag Safety Database: Winter Storm Preparedness & Response
Safety at home and while traveling. Provided by University of Wisconsin Cooperative Extension, Federal Emergency Management Agency, Wisconsin Division of Emergency Government
- American Academy of Pediatrics: Winter Storm Tips
Includes dressing children, frostbite, & hypothermia. Provided by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Red Cross: Winter Storm
Includes preparing a winter storm plan, assembling a supplies kit, and what to do after the storm.
- US Department of Agriculture: Keeping Food Safe During an Emergency
From USDA's Food Safety & Inspection Service.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency: Winter Storms and Extreme Cold
Winter weather preparedness tips.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration: Tips to Protect Workers in Cold Environments
Information from the U.S. Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA).
- National Weather Service: Winter Weather Safety and Awareness
Winter weather awareness page.
- WebMD: Hypothermia and Cold Temperature Exposure
Topic overview of Hypothermia.
- HealthScout: Hypothermia
Definition of hypothermia.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration: Information about New Wind Chill Index
Information on the new wind chill formula.
Disclaimer: Links to other federal and nonfederal organizations found at this site are provided solely as a service to our users. These links do not constitute an endorsement of these organizations or their programs by CDC, and none should be inferred. CDC is not responsible for the content of the individual organization Web pages found at these links.