Winter Weather Related Links and Resources
CDC Web Sites
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) - Cold Stress
Outdoor action guide to hypothermia and cold-weather injuries.
External Web Sites
- Winter Storm Preparedness & Response [National Ag Safety Database]
Safety tips for home and travel from the University of Wisconsin Cooperative Extension, Federal Emergency Management Agency, and Wisconsin Division of Emergency Government.
- Winter Storm Tips [American Academy of Pediatrics]
Information on how to dress children to avoid frostbite, and hypothermia.
- Winter Storm [American Red Cross]
Information on how to prepare a winter storm plan, assemble a supply kit, and what to do after the storm.
Keeping Food Safe During an Emergency
Food safety guidance from U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety & Inspection Service.
- Winter Storms and Extreme Cold [FEMA]
Winter weather preparedness tips from the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
- Tips to Protect Workers in Cold Environments [OSHA]
Information for workers from the U.S. Occupational Safety & Health Administration.
- Winter Weather Safety and Awareness [National Weather Service]
Learn how to be safe in winter weather with tips from the National Weather Service.
- National Weather Service Wind Chill Chart [NOAA]
Information about the U.S. wind chill chart and answers to frequently asked questions.
Disclaimer: Links to other federal and nonfederal organizations found at this site are provided solely as a service to our users. These links do not constitute an endorsement of these organizations or their programs by CDC, and none should be inferred. CDC is not responsible for the content of the individual organization Web pages found at these links.
- Page last reviewed: January 27, 2014
- Page last updated: January 27, 2014
- Content source:
- Maintained By: