Clinician Outreach and Communication Activity (COCA)
COCA prepares clinicians to respond to emerging health threats and public health emergencies by communicating relevant, timely information related to disease outbreaks, disasters, terrorism events, and other health alerts.
Learn more about COCA
Latest News from COCA
- COCA Email Updates: July 5 – July 18
- COCA Call: July 27, 2016 - CDC Recommendations for Nonopioid Treatments in the Management of Chronic Pain
- COCA Call: August 3, 2016 - Assessing Benefits and Harms of Opioid Therapy for Chronic Pain
- COCA Clinical Reminder: July 14, 2016 - Clinical Management for Emerging Antimicrobial-Resistant Neisseria gonorrhoeae
Subject matter experts provide key emergency preparedness and response information on current public health threats.
Find new or updated CDC information on natural disasters, emerging infectious disease, bioterrorism, and chemical and radiation emergencies.
Find information on upcoming training and conference opportunities from federal agencies or COCA Partners.
Earn free CME, CNE, CPH, ACPE, CEU, CECH, and AAVSB/RACE continuing education.
Find emergency preparedness and response training resources created specifically for clinicians.
Get emails about upcoming COCA Calls, training resources, and other public health updates.
COCA Partner Spotlight
The National Council of Asian Pacific Islander Physicians (NCAPIP) mission is to improve the health of Asian American, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander patients and communities by addressing population health inequities. Learn more about NCAPIP.
COCA Partner Organizations
COCA partners with national medical and public health organizations to ensure that clinicians have timely, credible, and accurate information needed to provide care.
List of COCA Partners
- Page last reviewed: September 21, 2015
- Page last updated: July 18, 2016
- Content source:
- CDC Healthcare Preparedness Activity (HPA); Division of Strategic National Stockpile (DSNS); Office of Public Health Preparedness and Response (OPHPR)
- Maintained By: