CERC Pandemic Influenza Training
After completing the training, the participant will be able to do the following:
- Describe the psychology of a severe pandemic.
- Describe how to meet the public’s needs through effective messages.
- Explain why stigmatization occurs.
- Explain strategies officials can use to respond to stigmatization.
- Recognize the importance of strengthening community hardiness and personal resilience to provide the optimum opportunity for recovery from the crisis.
- Determine which populations will be unable to receive general public health emergency messages through mass communication channels during the initial phase of a public health emergency.
- Analyze the ways that information technology and new media influence communication decisions and pandemic preparedness.
- Page last reviewed: June 25, 2014
- Page last updated: June 25, 2014
- Content source:
- CDC Emergency Risk Communication Branch (ERCB), Division of Emergency Operations (DEO), Office of Public Health Preparedness and Response (OPHPR)
- Maintained By: