Ricin: Prevention Overview for Clinicians
- Avoid ricin exposure because no antidote or readily or commercially available prophylaxis exists.
- Emergency responders and healthcare providers should avoid unprotected exposure.
- If exposure cannot be avoided, the most important factor is to get ricin off or out of the body as quickly as possible.
For additional information:
- Page last reviewed May 6, 2013
- Page last updated May 6, 2013
- Content source: National Center for Environmental Health (NCEH)/Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR)